Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SAM






So, this is our kitty that we had for 5 days. My son has been wanting one for quite a while and saving up money for either a tortoise or a kitty. A friend of mine called and said she found an abandoned kitty in her neighborhood that no one had claimed. She said it was the sweetest kitty and did we want it. We went over that evening and instantly fell in love. After swinging by petco and my son spending his own money on litter box, food, litter, scratching post, etc., the kitty came home with us. He was such a sweetheart. He let the kids push him in the stroller, carry him around in backpacks and snuggle with him while watching tv. Then, 5 days later, we get a call that a sign went up in his old neighborhood for a lost kitty belonging to a 9-year-old girl. I was so sad as I called to see if our Sam might belong to her. It was even sadder as I walked in to tell my son while he was snuggled with the kitty on the couch, that he no longer belonged to us. I cried with him as I told him. We got a good last hour with our kitty before the owners came and picked him up. My son was so brave as he said goodbye and so mature as he understood that if we lost a kitty we would want someone to call us. I was very proud of him, but it also broke my heart. I prayed that God would just have a sweet kitty come to our front door. He didn't do that, but instead when I went to visit a cat adoption place a couple of days later, I found out the veterinarian there was a good friend of mine from high school. We are now on the hunt for a wonderful kitty to come and join our household with the help of my friend.

2 comments:

Roanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roanna said...

cute *---*, I like your blog